Tuesday, September 11, 2007

New moon meditation

So Jon and I decided to sit outside and observe the energy of the new moon by relaxing on the porch, listening to chant music and some Dead Can Dance and light some incense. We enjoyed ourselves so much that we stayed out there for hours. At times throughout the few hours, our kids would come out and hang out for a bit before going back inside.

It was great to sit there and exist with the elements and allow myself to connect with them in such a peaceful manner. I don't know that I have felt this grounded in a while.

Jon made a comment that struck me as a great visual of energy and power. He said "I love how the smoke dances on the air" as he was watching the incense. And I sat there for about 20 minutes thinking, "so do I".

I am very grateful that my father priest and I am doing more together in a spiritual format. And he seems to be pleased as well.

No comments: